Friday, August 08, 2014

Jujyfruits


"Jujyfruits" 
8" x 10", every colored pencil under the sun, on Fabriano Artistico paper

This one was a CHALLENGE. 

My client wanted an old, retro Jujyfruits box, which of course you can't buy anymore. 



I was lucky enough to find this picture by googling (its amazing what people take pictures of, and put on the internet, isn't it?) 


The new box, if you go shopping for these today, looks like this:


So, Photoshop to the rescue! I used Distort and a couple of other commands in the Transform palette to tweak the old box onto the new one, in the layout the client liked. I ended up with a very Frankenstein-y stitched together weird reference photo to work from! 


After I had this worked out, I just started rendering. I had to tuck in the little side flap, and fix the shadows. I brightened it all up a bit, and had to invent just a bit of lighting to make the shadows work.



The client loved it, so I'm happy. I'm very glad to have this one finished! 

Now its back to some other work I have on the board. I had a panic about Christmas being only a few months away the other night. I AM NOT READY. I'll be getting the midnight oil out to burn pretty soon. Meanwhile, its still very much Summer, with sun and bees and flies and lawn sprinklers and the A/C going strong. Hope you're enjoying your August, whatever its like where you live.


No comments: